[Textures] Textures forever!

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Fri Aug 9 05:11:12 EDT 2013

Le 8 août 2013 à 22:27, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at me.com> a écrit :

> First in <https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/textures/2013-June/000124.html>, you seem to say that you installed the "unlocked" version of Textures announced at <https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/textures/2013-June/000122.html>, and that it worked on your Mac Mini.
>
> Then in <https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/textures/2013-August/000133.html> and <https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/textures/2013-August/000139.html>, you seem to say that you did the same on your Mac G5, and that it did not work, that you got a dialog asking for you to purchase an activation key.
>
> I cannot see the logic in this.

I finally reproduced (involuntarily) what you've been seeing. But it was after making a silly mistake. Did you, by any chance, do something similar?

Namely, yesterday what I had done was, as already reported:

> - Copy my current (activated) Textures, /Library/"Application Support"/Textures, ~/Library/"Application Support"/Textures and ~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist to a safe place.
>
> - Delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist.
>
> - Launch the unlocked Textures.
>
> Everything works perfectly, no key of any sort is asked for.

But I kept the old Textures on disk, so that /Applications has both:

drwxrwxrwx@  3 brunovoisin  admin   102 25 jul  2012 Textures.app
drwxr-xr-x@  3 brunovoisin  staff   102  7 mai 06:05 Textures220b19noretina.app

and I kept also the old Textures shortcut in the Dock.

Then today, when launching Textures, I used the Dock shortcut without thinking. This resulted in the old Textures being launched, reading the pref file ~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist created by the new Textures, finding there is no activation key in it. Hence

and after entering my serial number and activation key

What you need to do in that case is delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist, and then make sure you only use the unlocked Textures2.2.0b19retina or Textures220b19noretina in the future, never your old (not unlocked) Textures.

Bruno